Banking is one of the booming sectors in India. Moreover, finance and banking are the two strong sectors in the Indian system. Earlier, when there was a financial crisis around the world, India was the only country which was least affected by this financial crisis. This shows how strong our banking and financial system is.
Nowadays most of the students are picking up banking as their profession due to this reason. Apart from the number of banking jobs vacancies, banking sector provides much flexibility to its employees like flexible work hours, job security, etc.
In this article, we have covered few important tips to land yourself in your dream banking job.
- Prepare for IBPS exam: IBPS is one of the competitive exams to make yourself eligible for the bank jobs. You can apply for different profiles in the banking sector like Clerk, IT officer, Bank PO, etc. Many banks accept the IBPS score for the profiles you apply. Each bank has its cut off based on which you would be eligible for that particular bank.
- Certification Courses: Apart from the government banks, even private banks conduct their entrance tests. As the requirement for the banking sector is growing, so is the number of applicants. To make yourself stand out of this heavy competition, you need to do relevant certifications like IFBI, FLIP, etc. that would add more value to your CV.
- Good Academic Scores: Every bank looks at your academic scores before joining in their organisation. One must make sure they have a minimum of 50 percent in their graduation.Some banks ask for an MBA for different banking profiles.
- Computer Skills: Once you are through with the above-mentioned points, make sure that you have good computer skills. If you are into the banking sector, then you must try your hands on software like Tally. Also, one must have good computational skills. Be thorough with the MS-Office products like MS-excel, which is largely required for the banking sector.
- Knowledge on Current Affairs: Having a sound knowledge of Current Affairs would be an added advantage. This would help you to know, how the economy is working and how the financial system is functioning in India.
Hope the above tips have helped you to understand the basic requirements for cracking a bank Job. As the banking jobs vacancies are more, if you can plan correctly, you can land yourself in a dream bank.